Friday, April 20, 2012

Easter weekend

I think I just came through one of the busiest times of my life. Definitely glad to be on the other side now. In a matter of two weeks I managed to make a trip to California to spend some good time with my sister, take a family vacation to New Hampshire for a week, dance at the Easter Vigil, plan and host Micah's fifth birthday party, take 15 people out for brunch, lead the kids at Church in a special Easter song AND have Calvin baptized.
It's not that I planned to have all these things to happen at once, it just sort of unfolded this way. Each and every moment was special and memorable and I'm thankful for all those moments. . . . .I only wish they had more space in between to really savor each one. 

I'm so thankful to dance again. I danced at the Easter Vigil this year during a reading of Ezekiel 37, "The Valley of the Dry Bones." The Vigil is a dramatic service with candles, singing, readings, etc, so I think the dance fit right in. So fun to participate in this way!

The kids sang a song from the "Very Veggie Easter" CD and it went over pretty well! Livia thought it would be a good idea to hide behind the wooden spindles while she sang and it was classic. Micah was also classic boy (read: unable to stand still) during the song. I loved bringing a kids song in to the service. Unpolished, innocent little babes singing their hearts out! 

We managed to get a family photo with all 5 of our faces smiling! (Hurrah!)


Reciting the vows:


I love this pic! Mark is pouring the water and Calvin is smiling over at us. So sweet! 

Welcome to the family Calvin! 

Micah and Livie had a hard time getting through this service. They were both acting a little "OOC" as I like to say (out of control!) during the baptism. These last two pictures just about sum it up! I can look at them now and laugh a little but at the time I was feeling a little self conscious about my inability to reign them in. 




Above picture was taken right in the middle of the vows. Thanks (Heather) for capturing this moment. I'm glad I can look back on it now and say it was actually really sweet. :) 

No comments: