Friday, July 22, 2011

long overdue

So it's been way too long since I've posted and I'm trying to think of why. I think this should explain it:
Morning sickness all day
exhausted by 10am
emotional break downs every day.
anxious. anxious. anxious.

We've made it past the first 15 weeks and all is well. This baby is healthy and I just saw his/her little heart beating last week! We are thrilled to add another baby to our family, but also anxious about pregnancy and what the future holds (or, maybe I'm just anxious about pregnancy and what the future holds?!). Every day is a choice to trust God's sovereign plan for us and for this baby.

It's hard going back to my doctor and remembering only grief. The same hospital, the same exam rooms, the same ultrasound technician. Ugh. Life goes on and it's all the same to them, but we haven't forgotten. The memories are fresh and they hurt. My heart races until I hear that tiny heart inside of me beating even faster and then the relief washes over me.

I'm already holding on tight. I'm holding and trusting and believing that this baby will be ours. But there's something deep inside of me that pushes me to hold, trust and believe in something more. It is his and it's not about me. To him be the glory.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

woo hoo! congratulations!

The Lee Family said...

Congrats again! You look amazing! We'll keep you in our prayers :)

Greg and Jen said...

SO very exciting!!! Congrats!!!! We'll be praying you through this pregnancy. Can't wait to see more pics and read more updates!!! :):)

~ Jen

Cynthia said...

Oh Congrats! My prayers are with you. I understand, and will be praying peace for you. Your life is such a testimony of faith. You have helped me through our loss, and I am so grateful for you.

I'm just so excited!!!

Cynthia