Saturday, April 21, 2012

Blast Off!


Micah's birthday party was so much fun this year! We went all out with the space theme and held a "space training" complete with levels of activities. Micah loved it! I put a lot of unnecessary pressure on myself thinking that this birthday was so important and he would remember it for the rest of his life. . . .blah blah blah. One thing I learned was that it doesn't really matter how well everything is decorated and "done up" it's more about creating a memorable time for him. I think I accomplished that, but I think I could have accomplished it without all the extra pressure too. . . . . .lesson learned!


The kids had to drink their "rocket fuel" when they came in. We used the bottles later on for our rocket creation station!

cupcakes and asteroid cake pops!

One of the stations was star mapping

 I just love this boy!

 This was my favorite part of the party. All of the guys from the house came downstairs to enjoy the festivities and Caleb played a rousing rendition of Happy Birthday while everybody sang for Micah. It was really special to have all the guys involved (considering they are a huge part of his life!). Micah was thrilled to hear a special song just for him. He absolutely LOVED it!


The cake was super easy to make and it turned out great! I also discovered a new way to make cream cheese frosting that is a great compliment to my favorite chocolate cake recipe! Yum! There wasn't a piece to spare. ;)

No comments: