Sunday, February 05, 2012

1 month

February 3, 2012
Calvin [and Hobbes]

This little guy is 1 month old today! He is gaining weight like a champ, learning to sleep for longer periods of time and figuring out how to be in the same room with two energetic siblings!
Micah and Livia LOVE him, they ask if they can hold baby Calvin every day. Any time I put him down, they rush over with all kinds of musical toys to entertain him, which is probably why at the end of the day he starts fussing and won’t stop until I put him in a dark room with a noisemaker by his ear. He is really a good sport about it all – seriously, the kid could sleep through a war zone!

Calvin's face says it all. . . 

This time passes so quickly, I know. I try so hard to slow down and take it in; here are a few favorites:


 Calvin loves to sleep with his little hand up by his face. He did it in the womb, and he still does it today.


I love how newborns want to be close. Calvin would be happy to ride in the sling all day long, nestled against my body. I appreciate that and I try to do it often because I know that one day he will be a little boy on the run with little time to cuddle.

Snorts all. day. long. This isn’t really a favorite because it keeps me awake at night, but on the plus side I never have to feel his back just to make sure he’s still breathing!

He holds his pacifier in place; never mind the fact that it is half the size of his face!


This boy is well loved and we are definitely getting used to having him around!



Happy 1 month baby Calvin!

side note:
after taking a few 1 month shots of Calvin Livia says, "mama? can you take my picture?" 


Of course baby girl, i'll take your picture. 




3 comments:

Mandy said...

he is so handsome.

Greg and Jen said...

He's just beautiful!!! :)

~ Jen

The Lee Family said...

I LOVE the picture of Calvin and Livie. So sweet!