Monday, July 13, 2009

Meet our Girls!

Well, since my girls are keeping me up into all hours of the night, I figured I could write a blog entry about them and share their names with you all.
We are still pretty shocked that we are having twins (which is probably part of the reason I am up at 1:00am!), but we are also overjoyed and feel so blessed to have been given such a wonderful gift. So, without further due, I will share the names. . . . .
Meet Amelie Marie "Mia"
We chose this name because the name sounds similar to "Amy" but also ends with "Lee," my mother's middle name. Marie is my older sister's middle name and my grandmother's middle name.

Meet Livia Joy "Livie"

The name Livia doesn't really mean anything significant to us, but we thought it sounded like the English word for "life." This is an unexpected life that was given to us, so we thought it was fitting. Her middle name will be Joy, after Breanna Joy (my little sister); a life that was taken unexpectedly.

It is hard for me to put into words the deeper meaning and significance of these names. It brings me to tears to think of God's masterful, redeeming plan for my life. As I said before, Chris and I are still in shock; but we can see (without a doubt) how God has brought us here today and we are so thankful.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Emily Shoup said...

Beautiful names for beautiful girls! :) Here's to the hope that you get more sleep!!

Mandy said...

Beautiful!

The Moffats said...

What treasured and perfect names for your two blessings :) Thanks for sharing! Hope you can rest a little easier!

Danielle said...

They are beautiful already and I can't wait to meet them! I think Brook need to take a trip out to Boston to visit them after they are born this Fall!

Joy said...

So beautiful, Amy. Absolutely love your precious girls' names. Congratulations again, and I do hope you are able to sleep some :)

Mandy said...

okay so potty training is hard! how's micah doing?

mandyhoule@gmail.com